Cambodia Town

Cambodia Town

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nick's First Letter!

I'm having a lot of fun, which leaves no time to miss anything (which is awesome)!  My companin is Elder Tartar, from Payson.  I also have Elder Wilson from Provo, and an Elder McBride from Sandy.  They went to BYU and knew each other before coming to the MTC.  WE have 6 beds in our teeny room, but luckily there are only 4 of us in the room.  Most everyone else is packed into their room with 6 elders.  I'll send you pictures when I can.  I have gotten used to the food for the most part.  They have some good things to eat.  I have seen a few people I know (Chris Andjewierden, Tucker Beener, Ellie Ott), and see Elder Rasmussen every day.  
My teachers are Lookru (teacher) Mickelson, Merrill, and Thomas.  They are awesome and are really helping us learn.  We teach a RM who speaks Cambodian every day and it goes bad every time.  We are still trying to string together sentences, so it's awkward, but we are able to get through the lessons okay.  The RM is named "PuHong", and he is really funny, but we have no idea really what he's saying.  Our teachers didn't speak a word of English until yesterday.  They spoke in mixed khmer (Ca-may) and English.  We learn a lot every day and it's a lot of memorizing, but the programs here are good.  We use a program called TALL where a lady says all of the Cambodian words and sounds really funny.  
I'm in building 14M, and learn my daily lessons in building 10M (two floors below Ellie Ott).  I'm tired, but we get 7 hours of sleep which is plenty, because we have a lot to do. 
They walk us to the stadium to listen to devotionals.  Every devotional has been exactly what I needed to hear and the spirit really help me to know what I need to learn.  
Anyways, I love everyone and wish everyone well.  PS.  Write via dearelder.com   That way I get daily mail.  I can only check emails once a week for a very short period of time!