Cambodia Town

Cambodia Town

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sarongs and Death Tacos

Okay,  so I first want to write a little bit about what has happened this week . I think the most important thing that happened is that a woman by the name of Om Sokha, who has been taught for about ten years, has finally accepted a baptismal date! She had probably been invited to be baptized 10 times, but the last lesson we taught her was different. We wanted to try something new, so that she would accept our invitation. What we did was pretty different than what we usually do. We started off the lesson by showing the Joseph Smith Restoration video, and the spirit was so strong in the less. We all thought it was going so well, and write before the first vision part, Sokha went and got us water, so we paused it, until she got back. It seems like something like that always happens right before the most important part... We then watched the first vision, and again read the words from JSH. Then when I invited her to be baptized in my broken Khmer, before I even finished the question she said "When?"  So, we set a date for the 22nd of this month. The spirit was super strong, and she was one of the many miracles I've seen this week. We actually have 5 investigators total with baptismal dates, but I don't know how many of those will actually be baptized. I'm guessing 3 or 4.  Anyway, the work is going great in Long Beach.  I haven't had any time really to take pictures, but I will soon.
On P-Day we always hear songs while out running errands. We've heard a lot of good songs and it's funny to think that I haven't listened to music in about 3 months... We wear our sarongs on Sunday mornings to cook breakfast (which are basically Cambodian man skirts).  We also like to make jokes with the old Cambodians in the ward. 

I also did one of those food challenge things, that dad always wanted to do. There is this thing called the Death Taco, where you have to sign a waiver and stuff to eat it, and I ate the whole thing. It made my arms tingle and I felt way sick later, but I did it! I know dad always thinks those kinds of things are funny, and wants to do them. Anyways, that's off my bucket list, so I never have to do that again! 

I don't know what I've eaten. I have eaten Octopus, that baby duck thing from the Philippines, chicken curry, and I don't really know what else. Nothing has been absolutely horrible, except the death Taco.

Everything's going really well.  Tell everyone hello from me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment